Sunday, September 4, 2011

Another item off the list

By this time tomorrow I will be able to cross off another item on my summer craft to-do list.
I was suppose to finish the Halloween Advent Calendar by August 20.
I didn't meet my deadline, but I am getting it done and it feels awesome (and it looks pretty cool too).
The one on the right is the Pottery Barn Original that I copied based mine on.
My mother-in-law saw it in the store and loved it, so she got all the materials to make it.  She cut out the big orange square, put ric-rac on it and then it just sat for a while.  Well, I love to butt into other peoples crafts, so when I came over and saw this huge piece of orange felt on the table I wanted to know exactly what was going on.  My MIL showed me a picture of the original online and asked me if I could make a tree for hers.  I did, then I made letters, then I made a few animals.  THEN, I had to go home...  Long story short, my MIL saw that it went on sale at the store and said I could have the one we'd been working on!  YAY!
So here is my version of the Halloween Advent Calandar:

I still need to sew on the little pockets- I may add a black boarder later (next year)- but after the sewing, I'm done!!!  I love how it turned out, and can't wait to stick candy in each of the pockets.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment